Atmosphere in cluster

chrish1
Hello,

can someone please explain how to setup atmosphere in a cluster with
jGroups/shoal?
Is it really sufficient to set the @Cluster Annotation on the broadcast method and
the corresponding BroadcastFilter?
How are the other nodes in the cluster found?
Do I have to provide a jGroups/shoal configuration?

thanx for any help in advance,
Christian

Re: Atmosphere in cluster

On 11-07-15 6:27 AM, chrish1 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can someone please explain how to setup atmosphere in a cluster with
> jGroups/shoal?
> Is it really sufficient to set the @Cluster Annotation on the broadcast
> method and
> the corresponding BroadcastFilter?

Yes. That will use the default setting of JGroups (Shoal is no longer
supported). But we do support JMS, XMPP or Redis directly:

> http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/tag/atmosphere-comet-websocket-redis-jqeury-pubsub/

If you want to configure JGroups programatically, you will need to use
atmosphere-runtime directly because right now there is no other way.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois