Quantcast

[BRAINSTORM] Atmosphere 0.7 features

let's start the discussion about what we want for Atmosphere 0.7. On my
side I do have:

   + @Push proposal for Websocket & Jersey (Paul and I will post soon
about that one)
   + Stomp protocol support
   + More JQuery Plugin Integration/features
   + Default Reflector AtmosphereHandler
      If no AtmosphereHandler specified or no Jersey resource, install
      a reflector one that can be used as a start.
   + Resin Websocket (currently on a branch, but resin seems broken)
   + @Cluster: Amazon SQS http://aws.amazon.com/sqs/
   + @Cluster: Zookeeper http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/
   + Netty/Grizzly 2 Websocket support
     (maybe, as they don't have a Servlet Container)
   + Add some JMX statistics

Target release: mid-September.

Team, time to speak to get what you want in (or what you don't want :-))

Thanks!

Re: [BRAINSTORM] Atmosphere 0.7 features

Paul Sandoz
Hi,

This looks like a good set of features.

Any more details on why Stomp would be useful?

Paul.

On 10-06-21 12:43 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This looks like a good set of features.
>
> Any more details on why Stomp would be useful?

being able to support the protocol as a @Cluster feature will make it
much more easy to integrate with Active MQ (or any Storm supported
service. We could potentially have a CometSupport implementation that
build on top of the protocol instead of the native Comet support (for
long-polling).

A+

-- Jeanfrancois