Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

serge
Hello,
I'm trying to enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1 but instead of websockets
every time application works using streaming method.
My application (sources are here http://vsevozov.ru/files/atm-websoc-comet.7z) implemented using atmosphere
and made similar to known atmosphere sample ghillert-atmosphere-spring-web-mvc

after starting glassfish I run command that enabling websocket
asadmin set configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.websockets-support-enabled=true
Operation system: Windows 7
Web browsers: FireFox 8.0.1, Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 m
Please help

Re: Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

serge
P.S. Sample application ghillert-atmosphere-spring-web-mvc  doesn't work in websocket mode too, only in streaming mode

Re: Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

alnikolov
To the best of my knowledge Glassfish 3.1.1 does not support WebSockets
very well. But you may want to try the development snapshot of Glassfish
3.1.2. I managed to run all the samples with WebSockets. The only problem
I found was with Opera 10.x. Despite the fact that it supports WebSockets,
it could not make connection.

Using Opera's revolutionary email client:
http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

serge
Thank you.

I installed latest version of glassfish 3.1.2 and managed to start websockets only on google chrome
After running of application seems it enters itself in waiting loop. After that I run command
asadmin set configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.websockets-support-enabled=true
and after command application continues working and enters in websocket mode.

I noticed that when I run on glassfish 3.1.1 it doesn’t wait for asadmin command (on google chrome) and application works in streaming mode

Firefox doesn’t stop for waiting and continues working in streaming mode
(Websockets are enabled in firefox configuration)

Is it possible to avoid waiting and force application start in websockets mode ? Also I don't know how to enforce Firefox to start application in websockets mode

Re: Can't enable websockets on Glassfish 3.1.1

jfarcand
Administrator

Is your application an Atmosphere Sample (so it use jQuery.atmosphere.js)? Sample works fine for me on GF + Opera.

Thanks

--- Jeanfrancois