Gwt, Tomcat and Websockets

mike_mac

Salut ...
   I decided to upgrade our atmosphere from 0.5.2 to 0.9 and since I was already using an early version of the client gwt-atmosphere code (actually the original gwt-comet) in my client I thought I would use the full atmosphere gwt implementation ( i.e. on both client and server).

So on the server I have extended AtmosphereGwtHandler and modified the atmosphere.xml and I have everything working in tomcat 7.0.27 with streaming events working, which is excellent, but part of the reason to upgrade was to enable websockets.

So I set useWebSocket to true in the web.xml and in my client code I set websocket = true on the client side when opening a connection. In firefox when opening a connection to the server it times out and falls back to the XmlHttpRequest implementation.

I wondering is there something else I should be doing ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Re: Gwt, Tomcat and Websockets

Emperorlou
What version of firefox are you using?

Btw, everyone has moved to the new google groups message board. You'll find it here...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/atmosphere-framework