Intercepting Messages Using One Broadcaster Depending on Authenticated user.

Intercepting Messages Using One Broadcaster Depending on Authenticated user.

claybacon
Hello all,

I'm new to atmosphere and wanted to get some input on how to intercept/modify messages depending on the authenticated user using one broadcast channel programmatically.  I've explored some options but wanted to see if the route I am taking is the correct one.

Option 1:  AtmosphereInterceptorAdaptor - This would be the ideal case but it seems that this can only be used when specified in web.xml.  I want to programmatically instantiate this class with client specific parameters (i.e. logged in user info).  This doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Option 2:  AtmosphereEventListener - This class seems to be passive as it can't intercept the broadcast message and modify.

Option 3:  BroadcastFilter - This may work but I will have to instantiate separate filters depending on client specific params (i.e. logged in user info) which ideally I would like to just instantiate one.  One broadcast filter can't do the intercepting because it has no context of the authenticated user.

I would like to also like to avoid separate channels as the data being broadcasted is essentially the same but modified for specific users/clients.

Thanks for your help

Re: Intercepting Messages Using One Broadcaster Depending on Authenticated user.

jfarcand
Administrator

Re: Intercepting Messages Using One Broadcaster Depending on Authenticated user.

claybacon
my bad thx