Re: [Jean-Francois Arcand's Blog] New Comment Posted to 'Getting started with Atmosphere CPR part 1: Writing the HelloWord of Comet....a Chat application'

Re: [Jean-Francois Arcand's Blog] New Comment Posted to 'Getting started with Atmosphere CPR part 1: Writing the HelloWord of Comet....a Chat application'

Jeanfrancois Arcand

Salut,

[hidden email] wrote:

> View this comment: <http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2009/03/getting_started_1.html>
> Edit this comment: <http://weblogs.java.net/mt/mt.cgi?__mode=view&blog_id=258&_type=comment&id=53890>

> Comments:
>
> Hi, I've deployed this using alpha2 of atmosphere and it seems that Broadcaster.broadcast() only broadcasts to one of
the opened browser windows. Is this a client issue? Any ideas ? Thanks!

You need to use 2 browsers to make it work as the http specification
recommend no more than 2 connection to the same host. So when one
connection is suspended, you only have one for sending data. If you open
two browser window, the browser will block any data you are trying to
send as the two connection has been suspended.

Let me know if that help.

A+