Streaming support for IE

12

Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter
Hi,

until now I did not really had really success with IE and streaming as transport protocol. Long polling works with IE but with the problem that sometimes messages get lost especially if they are send very fast after each other.

Are there any special settings to be set?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Jan

Re: Streaming support for IE

survivant

The only way to do streaming with ie it to replace xmlhttprequest by the new object xdomain include with ie8+.   I'll post the code to do that.   No more polling.

On Jun 1, 2011 9:18 AM, "jankanzleiter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> until now I did not really had really success with IE and streaming as transport protocol. Long polling works with IE but with the problem that sometimes messages get lost especially if they are send very fast after each other.
>
> Are there any special settings to be set?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Re: Streaming support for IE

we have a regression in jquery.atmosphere.js right now, but the version
in 0.7.1 works perfectly well with IE/Streaming. Vincent and I are
looking at the regression and we should have a fix soon. Just take the
0.7.1 for now if you can.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-01 9:24 AM, Sebastien Dionne wrote:

> The only way to do streaming with ie it to replace xmlhttprequest by the
> new object xdomain include with ie8+.   I'll post the code to do that.
> No more polling.
>
> On Jun 1, 2011 9:18 AM, "jankanzleiter" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > until now I did not really had really success with IE and streaming
> as transport protocol. Long polling works with IE but with the problem
> that sometimes messages get lost especially if they are send very fast
> after each other.
>  >
>  > Are there any special settings to be set?
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance for your help.
>  >
>  > Cheers
>  > Jan
>  >
>  > --
> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426790.html
>  > Sent from the Atmosphere users mailling list mailing list archive at
> Nabble.com.

Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter
Salut,

also with 0.7.1 I had no success ... :-/

Cheers
Jan

Am 01.06.2011 um 15:28 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling list]:

Salut,

we have a regression in jquery.atmosphere.js right now, but the version
in 0.7.1 works perfectly well with IE/Streaming. Vincent and I are
looking at the regression and we should have a fix soon. Just take the
0.7.1 for now if you can.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-01 9:24 AM, Sebastien Dionne wrote:

> The only way to do streaming with ie it to replace xmlhttprequest by the
> new object xdomain include with ie8+.   I'll post the code to do that.
> No more polling.
>
> On Jun 1, 2011 9:18 AM, "jankanzleiter" <<a href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
> <mailto:<a href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]>> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > until now I did not really had really success with IE and streaming
> as transport protocol. Long polling works with IE but with the problem
> that sometimes messages get lost especially if they are send very fast
> after each other.
>  >
>  > Are there any special settings to be set?
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance for your help.
>  >
>  > Cheers
>  > Jan
>  >
>  > --
> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426790.html
>  > Sent from the Atmosphere users mailling list mailing list archive at
> Nabble.com.

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426893.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

Re: Streaming support for IE

strange...the jquery pubsub sample works fine for me. Which exact
version are you using?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-01 9:33 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:

> Salut,
>
> also with 0.7.1 I had no success ... :-/
>
> Cheers
> Jan
>
> Am 01.06.2011 um 15:28 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling
> list]:
>
>> Salut,
>>
>> we have a regression in jquery.atmosphere.js right now, but the version
>> in 0.7.1 works perfectly well with IE/Streaming. Vincent and I are
>> looking at the regression and we should have a fix soon. Just take the
>> 0.7.1 for now if you can.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> On 11-06-01 9:24 AM, Sebastien Dionne wrote:
>>
>> > The only way to do streaming with ie it to replace xmlhttprequest by
>> the
>> > new object xdomain include with ie8+. I'll post the code to do that.
>> > No more polling.
>> >
>> > On Jun 1, 2011 9:18 AM, "jankanzleiter" <<a
>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0" target="_top"
>> rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
>> > <mailto:<a
>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1" target="_top"

>> > as transport protocol. Long polling works with IE but with the problem
>> > that sometimes messages get lost especially if they are send very fast
>> > after each other.

>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter
Hi,

I am using 0.7.1 downloaded by Maven.

The strange this is that if I use streaming with IE the server logs say that a new suspended threat was created, but shortly after it the logs say that exactly this threat was disconnected.

Cheers
Jan

Salut,

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426950.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

(FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

OK I've rolled back the work Vincent and I did recently, fixed a logic
issue that skipped JavascriptClientFilter. Now the current sample works
fine with IE 7/8/9 and it worked fine.

Now for your application please make sure the use the
JavascriptClientFilter when using the atmosphere.js

Let me know how it goes.

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-01 9:44 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using 0.7.1 downloaded by Maven.
>
> The strange this is that if I use streaming with IE the server logs say
> that a new suspended threat was created, but shortly after it the logs
> say that exactly this threat was disconnected.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
>
> Am 01.06.2011 um 15:39 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling
> list]:
>
>> Salut,
>>
>> strange...the jquery pubsub sample works fine for me. Which exact
>> version are you using?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> On 11-06-01 9:33 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:
>>
>> > Salut,
>> >
>> > also with 0.7.1 I had no success ... :-/
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Jan
>> >
>> > Am 01.06.2011 um 15:28 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users
>> mailling
>> > list]:

>> version

>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0"
>> target="_top"
>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1"
>> target="_top"

>> streaming
>> problem
>> fast

>> archive at
>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter
 Bon soir,

will try our application with an up-to-date snapshot of 0.7.2 and give you feedback latest on Monday evening.

Merci and cheers
Jan

On Thursday, June 2, 2011 08:11 PM CEST, "jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling list]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Salut,
>
> OK I've rolled back the work Vincent and I did recently, fixed a logic
> issue that skipped JavascriptClientFilter. Now the current sample works
> fine with IE 7/8/9 and it worked fine.
>
> Now for your application please make sure the use the
> JavascriptClientFilter when using the atmosphere.js
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>
> On 11-06-01 9:44 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using 0.7.1 downloaded by Maven.
> >
> > The strange this is that if I use streaming with IE the server logs say
> > that a new suspended threat was created, but shortly after it the logs
> > say that exactly this threat was disconnected.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jan
> >
> > Am 01.06.2011 um 15:39 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling
> > list]:
> >
> >> Salut,
> >>
> >> strange...the jquery pubsub sample works fine for me. Which exact
> >> version are you using?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> -- Jeanfrancois

> >> mailling

> >> version

> >> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0"
> >> target="_top"
> >> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1"
> >> target="_top"

> >> streaming
> >> problem
> >> fast

> >> archive at
> >> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

> > Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter

just tried to build the 0.7.2 branch and got a compilation failure while building the jersey module:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) on project atmosphere-jersey: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /Users/jkanzleiter/Devel/soda/atmosphere/modules/jersey/src/main/java/org/atmosphere/jersey/BroadcasterFactoryInjector.java:[102,8] org.atmosphere.jersey.BroadcasterFactoryInjector.Singleton.BroadcasterFactoryProxy is not abstract and does not override abstract method removeAllAtmosphereResource(org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereResource<?,?>) in org.atmosphere.cpr.BroadcasterFactory
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

Cheers
Jan

Am 03.06.2011 um 19:02 schrieb Jan Kanzleiter:

> Bon soir,
>
> will try our application with an up-to-date snapshot of 0.7.2 and give you feedback latest on Monday evening.
>
> Merci and cheers
> Jan
>

> On Thursday, June 2, 2011 08:11 PM CEST, "jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling list]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Salut,
>>
>> OK I've rolled back the work Vincent and I did recently, fixed a logic
>> issue that skipped JavascriptClientFilter. Now the current sample works
>> fine with IE 7/8/9 and it worked fine.
>>
>> Now for your application please make sure the use the
>> JavascriptClientFilter when using the atmosphere.js
>>
>> Let me know how it goes.
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> On 11-06-01 9:44 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using 0.7.1 downloaded by Maven.
>>>
>>> The strange this is that if I use streaming with IE the server logs say
>>> that a new suspended threat was created, but shortly after it the logs
>>> say that exactly this threat was disconnected.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jan
>>>
>>> Am 01.06.2011 um 15:39 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling
>>> list]:

>>> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter

I tried to play around with IE and streaming using the up-to-date 0.7.2-SNAPSHOT from the Sonatype snapshot-repository.

While broadcasting the first message to the IE client i always get the following exception (including some log messages):

2011-06-06 11:29:41,954 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger - onSuspend: 192.168.1.115:1804
2011-06-06 11:29:41,954 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.container.BlockingIOCometSupport - Suspending response: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteWrappedResponse@2828afbb
2011-06-06 11:29:49,945 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor - (suspend) invoked:
 HttpServletRequest: org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestWrapper@1afdf4ee
 HttpServletResponse: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteWrappedResponse@16db431a
2011-06-06 11:29:50,711 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.AbstractRedisBroadcaster - publishing to channel 4028819b304a213201304a21f83416b1: {"..."}
2011-06-06 11:29:50,712 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.AbstractRedisBroadcaster - onMessage: 4028819b304a213201304a21f83416b1: {"..."}
2011-06-06 11:29:50,713 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.cache.BroadcasterCacheBase - Adding message for resource: AtmosphereResourceImpl{, action=org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet$Action@13469d8b, broadcaster=com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.RedisBroadcaster, cometSupport=org.atmosphere.container.BlockingIOCometSupport@4682981, serializer=null, isInScope=true, useWriter=true, listeners=[com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger@1111a90, com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.GlobalBroadcasterEventListener@9e6e47c]}, object: <script id="atmosphere_1">parent.callback('{"..."}');</script>
2011-06-06 11:29:50,713 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.cache.BroadcasterCacheBase - Adding message for resource: AtmosphereResourceImpl{, action=org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet$Action@13469d8b, broadcaster=com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.RedisBroadcaster, cometSupport=org.atmosphere.container.BlockingIOCometSupport@4682981, serializer=null, isInScope=true, useWriter=true, listeners=[com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger@1111a90, com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.GlobalBroadcasterEventListener@9e6e47c]}, object: <script id="atmosphere_0">parent.callback('{"..."}');</script>
2011-06-06 11:29:50,734 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.jersey.util.JerseyBroadcasterUtil - onException()
ClientAbortExceptionjava.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:319)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:288)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:98)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent$Writer.flush(WebComponent.java:313)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse$CommittingOutputStream.flush(ContainerResponse.java:145)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:278)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:122)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:212)
at java.io.BufferedWriter.flush(BufferedWriter.java:236)
at com.sun.jersey.core.util.ReaderWriter.writeToAsString(ReaderWriter.java:191)
at com.sun.jersey.core.provider.AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.writeToAsString(AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.java:128)
at com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.StringProvider.writeTo(StringProvider.java:88)
at com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.StringProvider.writeTo(StringProvider.java:58)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.write(ContainerResponse.java:306)
at org.atmosphere.jersey.util.JerseyBroadcasterUtil.broadcast(JerseyBroadcasterUtil.java:58)
at org.atmosphere.util.AbstractBroadcasterProxy.broadcast(AbstractBroadcasterProxy.java:105)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster.executeAsyncWrite(DefaultBroadcaster.java:478)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster$3.run(DefaultBroadcaster.java:497)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(InternalOutputBuffer.java:741)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:432)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.flush(InternalOutputBuffer.java:299)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.action(Http11Processor.java:981)
at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:314)
... 27 more
2011-06-06 11:29:50,752 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger - onDisconnect: 192.168.1.115:1804

Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers
Jan

Salut,

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6432295.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

funny I've missed that when compiling. This is now fixed.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-06 3:29 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:

> [...]
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>> Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> _______________________________________________
>  >> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
>  >>
> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6432295.html
>  >> To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email
> [hidden email] </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6444161&i=1>
>  >> To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, visit
>  >
>  >

> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

Hi again,

I am really confused now.

I can confirm that also on my computer the samples work fine with IE and streaming. But in the application I am working on we still face the problem, that IE opens a suspended connection but closes it immediately after milliseconds:
2011-06-06 16:19:25,072 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor - (suspend) invoked:
 HttpServletRequest: org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade@64694f76
 HttpServletResponse: org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade@3ddfff7a
2011-06-06 16:19:25,313 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.jersey.AtmosphereFilter - Linking HttpServletRequest org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestWrapper@4008896 with ContainerResponse com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse@3f0731e7
2011-06-06 16:19:25,342 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger - onSuspend: 192.168.1.115:2589
2011-06-06 16:19:25,361 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.container.TomcatCometSupport - Suspending response: org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade@3ddfff7a
2011-06-06 16:19:25,364 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.container.TomcatCometSupport - Client closed connection: response: org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade@3ddfff7a
2011-06-06 16:19:25,371 DEBUG: com.sprylab.soda.atmosphere.EventsLogger - onDisconnect: 192.168.1.115:2589
2011-06-06 16:19:25,373 DEBUG: org.atmosphere.container.TomcatCometSupport - Cancelling response: org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade@3ddfff7a

Does anybody have an advice or any idea? Are there any things to configure in Tomcat apart from using the NIO protocol in the connector ?

Cheers
Jan

Am 02.06.2011 um 20:11 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling list]:

Salut,

OK I've rolled back the work Vincent and I did recently, fixed a logic
issue that skipped JavascriptClientFilter. Now the current sample works
fine with IE 7/8/9 and it worked fine.

Now for your application please make sure the use the
JavascriptClientFilter when using the atmosphere.js

Let me know how it goes.

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-01 9:44 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using 0.7.1 downloaded by Maven.
>
> The strange this is that if I use streaming with IE the server logs say
> that a new suspended threat was created, but shortly after it the logs
> say that exactly this threat was disconnected.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
>
> Am 01.06.2011 um 15:39 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users mailling
> list]:
>
>> Salut,
>>
>> strange...the jquery pubsub sample works fine for me. Which exact
>> version are you using?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -- Jeanfrancois
>>
>> On 11-06-01 9:33 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:
>>
>> > Salut,
>> >
>> > also with 0.7.1 I had no success ... :-/
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Jan
>> >
>> > Am 01.06.2011 um 15:28 schrieb jfarcand-3 [via Atmosphere users
>> mailling
>> > list]:

>> version

>> href="<a href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0"
>> target="_top"
>> href="<a href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1"
>> target="_top"

>> streaming
>> problem
>> fast

>> archive at
>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6432295.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

can you try adding the following header

    "Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*"

and see if that makes a difference. Just curious.

-- Jeanfrancois

On 11-06-06 10:28 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:

> [...]
>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0"

>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1"

>> <http://Nabble.com/>> <http://Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com/>

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426893.html

>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

sent the email too fast. Have you installed the:

   + JavascriptClientFilter

also try to add the following init-param

    org.atmosphere.useBlocking
    true

to see if that makes a difference.

A+

> [...]

>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=0">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=0"

>> href="x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;amp;node=6426893&amp;amp;i=1">x-msg://59/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6426893&amp;i=1"

>> <http://Nabble.com/>> <http://Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com/>

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426893.html

>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

thanks for your advice. I just tried it with the following result:

1.) With BlockingIO:
The request is suspended and if the first broadcast should be sent to it, the server fails with and exception:

2.) Without BlockingIO:
The request is suspended and immediately closed after short while.

I tried all settings you proposed in combination and separate but had actually no change in behavior. It is crazy!

Cheers
Jan

Salut,

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6445388.html

On 11-06-07 5:56 AM, jankanzleiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your advice. I just tried it with the following result:
>
> 1.) With BlockingIO:
> The request is suspended and if the first broadcast should be sent to
> it, the server fails with and exception:

Can you paste the exception?

> 2.) Without BlockingIO:
> The request is suspended and immediately closed after short while.
>
> I tried all settings you proposed in combination and separate but had
> actually no change in behavior. It is crazy!

Yes sound like....can you share your webapp by any chance?

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

> [...]
>> send very

>> <http://Nabble.com/>> <http://Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com/>
>> <http://Nabble.com/>

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426893.html

>> <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426919.html>

>> <http://Nabble.com/>> <http://Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com/>

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426950.html

>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

unfortunately I cannot share the code with the public.

Cheers
Jan

Salut,

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6449277.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter

Gotcha! I found out what our problem with IE streaming is.

We are using in the Jersey resource "application-comet" instead of "text/html" as content-type. And this leads to the effect that IE closes the streaming connection immediately after opening it.
I checked also in the sample application and had the same effect (find attached). I tested it with IE 8.

Following your advice we are using "application/comet" as content-type to have reliable connections through proxies.

atmosphere-jquery-pubsub.war (2M) Download Attachment
jquery-pubsub.zip (27K) Download Attachment

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

jankanzleiter

I just opened a bug in Jira for the content-type and IE streaming problem.

> [...]

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426893.html

>> <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426919.html>

>> <http://Nabble.com/>> <http://Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com/>

>> http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6426950.html

>> <http://Nabble.com/>>.

>> > <http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/> at
>> > Nabble.com <http://Nabble.com>.

> Nabble.com.

http://atmosphere-users-mailling-list.2493822.n2.nabble.com/Streaming-support-for-IE-tp6426790p6449277.html
To start a new topic under Atmosphere users mailling list, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Atmosphere users mailling list, click here.

Re: (FIXED) Re: Streaming support for IE

Thanks! Have you tried to add the

    Access-Control-Allow-Origin, "*"

header to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks!!

-- Jeanfrancois

12