Tomcat 6 & 7 NIO setup

sthomps
Does anyone have instructions on running Apache Atmosphere in a non blocking/nio fashion on both Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7?

On Tomcat 6 for NIO, it appears my only solution for NIO is using Http11NioProtocol.  As I'm behind Apache and using AJP - this appears to be a no go.

On Tomcat 7, I'm currently using the AjpNioProtocol.  Unfortunately as I'm providing a wrapper around Apache Atmosphere with a Filter, it appears that Tomcat is looking for a handler that implements CometProcessor which is a Servlet.  It appears that it fails in the StandardWrapperValve on this check

if (servlet instanceof CometProcessor
                && request.getAttribute("org.apache.tomcat.comet.support") == Boolean.TRUE) {

Which I'm assuming is because of a classloader issue.

Seems like I keep running into brick walls here.

[atmosphere-users] Re: Tomcat 6 & 7 NIO setup

wrong list: "[hidden email]

On 12-02-07 1:56 PM, sthomps wrote:
> Does anyone have instructions on running Apache Atmosphere in a non
> blocking/nio fashion on both Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7?
>
> On Tomcat 6 for NIO, it appears my only solution for NIO is using
> Http11NioProtocol.  As I'm behind Apache and using AJP - this appears to be
> a no go.
The only solution with AJP I think consists of adding in web.xml

<init-param>org.atmosphere.useBlocking</init-param>
<init-param>true</init-param>

> On Tomcat 7, I'm currently using the AjpNioProtocol.  Unfortunately as I'm
> providing a wrapper around Apache Atmosphere with a Filter, it appears that
> Tomcat is looking for a handler that implements CometProcessor which is a
> Servlet.  It appears that it fails in the StandardWrapperValve on this check
>
> if (servlet *instanceof *CometProcessor
>                  &&  request.getAttribute("org.apache.tomcat.comet.support")
> == Boolean.TRUE) {
>
> Which I'm assuming is because of a classloader issue.
OK I assume you are using Atmosphere 0.8.5...just exclude the
atmosphere-compat-tomcat7.jar from your war file to see if that help.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois