Quantcast

[WebSocket] GlassFish is now supported

jfarcand-2
Salut,

starting with today Atmosphere's 0.6-SNAPSHOT, the
samples/websocket-chat can now be deployed in GlassFish 3.1 (nightly
build) and Jetty 8 without any modifications:

[GlassFish]

> [#|2010-05-11T22:56:13.563-0400|INFO|glassfishv3.0|Atmosphere|_ThreadID=26;_ThreadName=AutoDeployer;|Atmosphere is using for CometSupport: org.atmosphere.container.GlassFishWebSocketSupport running under container GlassFish v3 with WebSocket enabled.|#]

[Jetty8]

> INFO: Atmosphere is using for CometSupport: org.atmosphere.container.Jetty8WebSocketSupport running under container jetty/8.0.0.M0 with WebSocket enabled

Note that the same application can be deployed in a non-websocket
Container (like Tomcat) without any modifications on the server side.
The upcoming Atmosphere JQuery base client will support auto-detection
of Websocket on the client side so soon we should have full portability.

A+

Re: [WebSocket] GlassFish is now supported

Jarosław Lewandowski
Hi,

Are you sure it is checked in? I have checked the code from the trunk and I can't find any class named GlassFishWebSocketSupport in there. Moreover the method DefaultCometSupportResolver.detectWebSocketPresent checks only presence of Jetty8 class:

    public List<Class<? extends CometSupport>> detectWebSocketPresent() {
        return new LinkedList<Class<? extends CometSupport>>() {
            {
                if (testClassExists(JETTY_8))
                    add(Jetty8WebSocketSupport.class);

            }
        };
    }

Best regards
Jaroslaw Lewandowski

On 12 May 2010, at 04:10, jfarcand wrote:

> Salut,
>
> starting with today Atmosphere's 0.6-SNAPSHOT, the samples/websocket-chat can now be deployed in GlassFish 3.1 (nightly build) and Jetty 8 without any modifications:
>
> [GlassFish]
>>
>> [#|2010-05-11T22:56:13.563-0400|INFO|glassfishv3.0|Atmosphere|_ThreadID=26;_ThreadName=AutoDeployer;|Atmosphere is using for CometSupport: org.atmosphere.container.GlassFishWebSocketSupport running under container GlassFish v3 with WebSocket enabled.|#]
>
> [Jetty8]
>
>> INFO: Atmosphere is using for CometSupport: org.atmosphere.container.Jetty8WebSocketSupport running under container jetty/8.0.0.M0 with WebSocket enabled
>
> Note that the same application can be deployed in a non-websocket Container (like Tomcat) without any modifications on the server side. The upcoming Atmosphere JQuery base client will support auto-detection of Websocket on the client side so soon we should have full portability.
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Re: [WebSocket] GlassFish is now supported

jfarcand-2
Salut,

the code is now on Github:

    http://github.com/jfarcand/atmosphere