chrome locks on message greater than 8200

chrome locks on message greater than 8200

dale.herrig
Hi,

I am using the jquery pubsub  0.7.2 and testing in chrome 12.0.742.112.

I have two questions:

#1. When I select a topic and connect I get below:

Invoking executeWebSocket
Websocket failed. Downgrading to Comet and resending

I was under the impression this version of chrome supported web
sockets.

#2. The second most concerning problem is when I send large messages,
for example, over 8000 characters long, my chrome browser freezes.
This is very consistent.

Messages with a length of  less than 8000 character  work fine.

Is there a  maximum length to the messages that can be sent.

Thanks much in advance.

-Dale

Re: chrome locks on message greater than 8200

Justin Lee-3
websockets are designed to send *very* large data frames (2^63 bytes per
frame) so that shouldn't be a problem.  That's not to say that there
isn't a bug in the implementations used somewhere but the protocol
itself should support it just fine.

On 11-07-05 7:13 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the jquery pubsub  0.7.2 and testing in chrome 12.0.742.112.

which server are you using? You need to use Jetty 8m2 or 7.2. If you
want to use Jetty 8.0.0.M3 or Jetty 7.3 and up, you must use Atmosphere
0.8-SNAPSHOT.

> I have two questions:
>
> #1. When I select a topic and connect I get below:
>
> Invoking executeWebSocket
> Websocket failed. Downgrading to Comet and resending
>
> I was under the impression this version of chrome supported web
> sockets.

Right, but only Jetty and GlassFish v3 supports Websocket.

> #2. The second most concerning problem is when I send large messages,
> for example, over 8000 characters long, my chrome browser freezes.
> This is very consistent.
>
> Messages with a length of  less than 8000 character  work fine.
>
> Is there a  maximum length to the messages that can be sent.
>
> Thanks much in advance.

I need to take a look at that one. Which server are you using? Are you
able to reproduce using FF?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois