configure atmosphere in gizzly without atmosphere.xml?

configure atmosphere in gizzly without atmosphere.xml?

fazekaim
Dear All,

I would like to use the atmosphere-bayeux in Grizzly, but i publish every servlets manually, from code, so no deployment structure is available, thus the atmosphere.xml cannot be used as i observed.

How can i add the AtmosphereBayeuxServlet servlet to the Grizzly having the ReflectorServletProcessor precongifured described by this document? http://atmosphere.java.net/atmosphere_whitepaper.pdf

Thank you in advance!

Re: configure atmosphere in gizzly without atmosphere.xml?

On 11-07-03 5:11 AM, fazekaim wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I would like to use the atmosphere-bayeux in Grizzly, but i publish every
> servlets manually, from code, so no deployment structure is available, thus
> the atmosphere.xml cannot be used as i observed.
>
> How can i add the AtmosphereBayeuxServlet servlet to the Grizzly having the
> ReflectorServletProcessor precongifured described by this document?
> http://atmosphere.java.net/atmosphere_whitepaper.pdf

Two things:

(1) Bayeux support is currently broken, so it won't work (unless someone
helps me fixing it.)

(2) Once fixed, you could create a Grizzly's ServletAdapter and manually
configure it with your AtmosphereBayeuxServlet.

But unfortunately Bayeux is broken right now :-( I just don't have the
cycle to fix it now, but hopefully I will have time over the summer.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

> Thank you in advance!

Re: configure atmosphere in gizzly without atmosphere.xml?

fazekaim
Salut!

Quel dommage! Je suis en d├ębutant dans ce sujet malheureusement. :(

What should one do to help to fix it?

By the way, i haven't found any document how to able to manage bayeux service calls from this AtmosphereBayeuxServlet. Can be found any about it?

Re: configure atmosphere in gizzly without atmosphere.xml?

sorry for the delay. The Bayeux stuff is simple to fix as we just need to replace the Continuation stuff with the Meteor API. It was working awhile ago (with 1.x Cometd) but stopped working when 2.0 was out. If you look at the AtmosphereBayeuxServlet code, you will see what needs to be done.

Pretty simple to do, just don't have the cycle right now.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois