new javascript jQuery librarie soon to test

new javascript jQuery librarie soon to test

survivant
there has been few questions about problems with the current jQuery implementation.

I been working on a new implementation in the past weeks.  It's almost ready to test.

Any bug fix or enhancement made on the current librairie, I'll include them if necessary.

It will support these features :

IE6-7 : pooling (streaming and websocket not supported by the browser)
IE8+ : pooling + streaming (websocket not supported by the browser)
Chrome : pooling + streaming + websocket
Firefox : pooling + streaming + websocket
Opera : pooling + websocket (streaming not supported by the browser : unless using EventSource, but a this point.. use Websocket instead)
others like  : flash, gwt... I'll include them later, when I'll have samples to test.
Socket.IO (when it will be implemented in Atmosphere)

and
Event notification on client and push to server (if required by you)

I'm open to suggestions.

Re: new javascript jQuery librarie soon to test

Emperorlou
Very interesting, I look forward to seeing what you've got :D

Re: new javascript jQuery librarie soon to test

Florian MOGA
Hi Sebastien,

What I think would be interesting to have is an option on how multiple tabs from the same browser should be treated (independent clients or the same client). I think it would be useful but it's pretty complex work probably.

Thanks,

Florian

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Sebastien Dionne <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

any reason to rewrite a new one? I think we need to build on what we
have. I still have to take a look at

    https://github.com/Atmosphere/Incubator

which contains major improvement and add support to almost all
transport. Take a look as I'm sure some code could be re-used.

Thanks!!!

-- Jeanfrancois