update multiple clients with varying data

update multiple clients with varying data

albatros
Hi all,

I'm new to the Topic server-client push and I've just started to play around with Atmosphere.
Is it possible to update multiple clients with varying data using Atmosphere? And how?

That is, consider having a real-time application (I'm using JSF) that brings two user groups together:  "providers" and "buyers". When a provider makes his offer the server will pick only one buyer according to some matching algorithm and push to him the offer. The other buyers/clients will get a different notification pushed from the server.

Thanks in advance

Re: update multiple clients with varying data

jfarcand
Administrator
Salut,

please use atmosphere-framework@googlegroups.com .. this forum is about to close.

albatros wrote
Hi all,

I'm new to the Topic server-client push and I've just started to play around with Atmosphere.
Is it possible to update multiple clients with varying data using Atmosphere? And how?

===> JFA

Yes, all you need to do is to suspend the response and add that response to the set of Broadcaster. Take a look at the Twitter sample for an example. Which module are you planning to use?

That is, consider having a real-time application (I'm using JSF) that brings two user groups together:  "providers" and "buyers". When a provider makes his offer the server will pick only one buyer according to some matching algorithm and push to him the offer. The other buyers/clients will get a different notification pushed from the server.

====> JFA

I see. Probably the Meteor API is what could be the easiest. Take a look at the API and also the Meteor Chat example and let me know how it goes.

    http://atmosphere.github.com/atmosphere/apidocs/

Thanks!!

-- Jeanfrancois

Thanks in advance

Re: update multiple clients with varying data

albatros
I will do that.

Merci pour la réponse rapide!